Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reinforcements Have Arrived!

Ladies and gentlemen, the cavalry has arrived and they are well-trained, eager and equipped to fight side-by-side against a mommy's greatest enemies--whiny children and sticky floors.  They are....the Mommy's Helpers.

I first heard about these legendary heroes from a friend who endured bed rest during her last pregnancy and was saved by a mommy's helper.  I started calling (well, e-mailing) around about a month ago when I was feeling so overwhelmed and stuck, not knowing that a great deal of that was probably the anemia.  Nevertheless, I found help and I'm not giving it up just because I'm on an iron supplement.

I was thrilled to be introduced to two young sisters who were eager to get some babysitting experience under their belts.  They are going to come once a week for three hours just to hang out with my girls while I am home and give me a little time to concentrate on tasks I need to get done.  Can I get a hallelujah?

Another mom I talked to said that her girls would also be willing to do this, but their schedule wasn't quite as good of a match with ours.  Oh, their mom says, maybe they could come and help you clean or cook?  Oh?!  Is this an option?!  Bring on the sisters who clean and cook!  Let's have another hallelujah!

We've had the blessing of these four girls for one week now and I am so, so grateful!  Of course, they are getting paid.  But the rate is reasonable enough to allow me to add them to our weekly schedule.  And can I say how impressed I am already?  I really need to be rubbing elbows with these girls' mothers because, wow!  What do I need to be doing so that my girls are that polite, respectful, responsible, servant-hearted, and self-directed by their early teens?  Teach me, o wise ones!!

No comments: