Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Disneyland

I have resisted the commercial marketing machine that is all things Disney the best I can.  My attempts have proven futile, unfortunately.  We are swimming in Disney princesses around here and we also love Lightning McQueen and his friends.  But I really can't buy into the idea of spending a year's worth of college tuition on a vacation to the family mecca that is a Disney theme park.  Until...

Every morning when A wakes up, we have a little conversation about how she slept, if she had any dreams, what we're doing that day, etc.  Recently, she was telling me about one of her dreams.  (Context: I don't think she has any clue that a Disney park exists.  But we have watched Peter Pan and she talks all the time about magical things that happen in Neverland.)  In her dream, "all my Little Pets were alive and all my Little Ponies and all the Disney princesses were there and they were alive!  And, Mom, it was called...Disneyland!"

The wonder in her eyes was enough to make me contemplate a second mortgage so we could go to this magical place and make her dream come true.  So that's how they hook you!  Help me now.

No comments: