Thursday, April 7, 2011

Holding Steady

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday morning and she was eager to experiment with a new ultrasound machine, so she asked if I had time for her to play around.  Of course!  It's always reassuring to get a peek at baby and make sure everything is going well.  And it is!

Judging by the machine's measurements, he's just a smidge over 4 lbs. right now and on track to be an average-size newborn around 6-7 lbs.  Due date still seems to be holding for the first week of June.  And yes, it's definitely a boy.

Best news was that the amniotic fluid levels are well within the normal range.  Normal is between 5 and 20 (cc's, I think) and I was measuring just under 14.  Concern goes up if it drops below 10, so I feel like I don't really have any margin for missing a glass of water each day.  If being diligent only keeps me at 14 and not closer to 17 or 18, then I don't want to slack off any time soon.

Tomorrow marks week 31...6-9 more weeks to go!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

No comments: