Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Knock, knock

Look out, we have entered the phase of "I think my jokes are hilarious and I'm going to tell you lots of them." J is totally responsible for this one. He told her the chicken crossing the road joke the other day and I haven't heard the end of it.
A: "Hey Mom, why did the chicken cross the road?"
me: "I don't know, why?"
A: "Because the other side was there! Ha, ha, ha."
A: "Hey Mom, why did the chicken cross the road?"
me: "I don't know, why?"
A: "Because the boat was too full! Ha, ha, ha."
You get the torturous idea. Totally non-sequitur, totally not funny. Then I decided to step it up a notch and teach her knock-knock jokes. No, I don't know what I was thinking, why do you ask? It only took about half an hour to get the format down right.
A: "Knock, knock. Who's there?"
me : "No, you say 'knock, knock' and then I'll say 'who's there?'"
A: "Oh, okay. Knock, knock. Who's there?"
me: "I don't know because you're the one who knocked."
A: "Who's I don't know?"
me: "No, you say 'I don't know who?'"
A: "No, now it's your turn to say 'Knock, knock. Who's there?'"
We did eventually get it right, but that doesn't mean the jokes are funny. Ready? Knock, knock. Who's there? Annie. Annie who? Annie body wanna listen a 3-year-old's bad jokes? (Hey, don't blame me, you're the one who answered the door.)

No comments: