Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm not

My children are asleep and I am typing a blog post. I am revolting against all things productive for the next ten minutes. I am not:
  • Editing my Christmas card list
  • Addressing Christmas cards
  • Preparing teacher gifts
  • Finishing our tree decorations
  • Cleaning my house for playgroup
  • Paying bills
  • Reviewing our budget
  • Planning preschool curriculum for next week
  • Christmas shopping
  • Organizing my gift list for the 19th time
  • Making edible gifts for friends and neighbors
  • Making other gifts
  • Emailing my sister about Christmas lunch
I am also not zoned out on the couch watching mindless television. So I guess this is somehow productive in a very cathartic sense. Perhaps my dreams will not be filled with the administrivia of this list tonight. Only if I shove a little HGTV on top of it to keep it all quiet.

No comments: