Sunday, December 13, 2009

Really late

These pics are long overdue, sorry. We went to a carnival back in early November and A had a blast! It was one of those local, mall parking lot kind of carnivals, so I was leery at first, but I'm so glad we were brave together and went. We scoped out all of the rides first to determine which ones she really wanted to do (and how much we were going to have to pay). Can I just say that the price of a carnival ride has outpaced normal inflation?! It was $5 to ride the ferris wheel! Per person!! We saved that for our big finale. We started with the little boat ride...














That's the face of pure joy, my friends. She was thrilled just sitting in the boat and moving the steering wheel, but then it started up and went around in circles...in the water. Need I say more?

She also wanted to ride the dragon roller coaster, which I thought was a little ambitious, but I didn't want to squelch her enthusiasm. I was right. But we look like we're having fun.














C felt the same way about that ride that I did; she just didn't have to fake being brave because nobody was sitting next to her.














J got in on the action with the spinning elephants. He assured me that she was giddy about being thrown against the wall of the elephant by the centrifugal force.














We moved on to the little flying airplanes. Because what mother doesn't dream of soaring above the crowds on a glorified merry-go-round with her knees digging into the dash and a frayed rope to hold her in?














And finally, the ferris wheel, which we both agreed was the landslide favorite. You'll have to take our word for it that we're up there.

No comments: