Friday, January 1, 2010

Re-org

I did a major toy re-org yesterday.  It bugged me that we kept putting toys away in A's room that she doesn't play with anymore and that C's toys were camped out in the living room.  So we moved the changing table into A's room where her little bookshelf used to be; took the pad off of it so it could just be a set of shelves.  Her little bookshelf got moved over by the window and the toy bin rack in her closet got moved to C's room where the changing table was.  Oh, and the play kitchen got moved into C's room too, since she is the only one who ever plays with it.  The one major downside is that we'll have to start changing C on the floor, but we really needed to make that transition anyway since she was always trying to roll over and crawl off the changing table.  The unexpected bonus is that I moved the pink bins holding A's clothes onto the shelves of the changing table and moved her hanging clothes down to the lower rod in her closet.  She can now reach all of her own clothes!  Wonderful!  Now she can put her own laundry away, too.  She also has more space for her big girl toys and C has toys in her room that she can access.  I'm thrilled!

Some of my mommy friends say if they don't have the opportunity to do something creative every now and then, they just go crazy.  Me?  I organize.  Every now and then things just need a good shake-up.

1 comment:

tpot said...

I was so encouraged to read your pregnant post. Just good to know others have a hard time, too, during that season. Miss you, my friend!