Thursday, January 21, 2010

Women's Lip

I've gotten a couple of golden quotes from my little lady-in-waiting recently.  Last week, she saw a show about mommies with all different types of jobs--archeologist mommies, doctor mommies, teacher mommies.  At lunch that day, she started talking about what she wanted to be when she grew up, maybe a doctor or a firefighter.  Then she asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  "Well," I told her, "I'm already all grown up and I am exactly what I have always wanted to be...a mommy."  "And do nothing?!" was her incredulous reply.  Ha!

Clean-up time seems to be a dramatic disaster waiting to happen lately.  So this afternoon, I had A practice cleaning up before Daddy got home.  (He usually cleans up with her after supper.)  We even tried to get C to participate.  It was a true girl-power team effort.  After supper she asked Dad if he would play a board game with her.  He said there would be time to play one game if her room was not too messy.  "Is there much to clean up?" he asked.  "No, Dad, the women already cleaned it up."  Of course they did!  Mommy had nothing else going on, right?

No comments: