Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who do I know?

While window shopping with J during our anniversary trip, I saw a Christmas wreath that reminded me of someone.  I did a mental scan to try and figure out who I knew that was trying that color scheme with her Christmas decorations this year.  She had said that it was a brave, new thing - the colors were bright greens, pinks, blues.  But she really liked it and wanted to incorporate more of it in her Christmas decorations.  The wreath was marked down quite a bit and I debated purchasing it for my friend, or at least telling her where I had seen it (when I could remember who it was).  It occurred to me later that it was a fellow mommy blogger whom I've never met before.  Isn't that crazy?!  I feel like I know that woman well enough to shop for her Christmas decorations! 

J said I should do a post on what that means for the quality and significance on online relationships.  I don't really want to go there, though, because I'm quite certain the anecdote would cease to be funny the moment I began dissecting it.  Now who do I know that was wanting to try homemade dish soap?

1 comment:

tpot said...

That's really funny. Too bad you couldn't send it to her or something.

Thanks for your encouragement, S! I really needed it. It's weird to be a zombie during the holidays.