Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Day

It's snowed three times since we've lived here...what kind of craziness is that?!  This time there was actually some accumulation so I made sure we all went out to play in it.  

Mommy lesson that I didn't know I needed, but now I know -- if you take half an hour to put two pairs of pants and two pairs of socks, shoes, jackets, hats and mittens on your children, you will reap an emergency trip to the bathroom for one and a stinky diaper from the other within minutes of walking out the door, no matter how emphatically you beg for a bathroom trip before bundling up.   Once we were all comfortable again, I'm afraid this is all we could muster:

To give you a little perspective, I had A strike a pose with her first snowman.  So pathetic it's almost cute.  

We threw a few snowballs, but eventually she declared that she didn't like that. I convinced her to make a snow angel:

After viewing the results, she said "Hmm, that's not what I thought it would be." I think we've been watching too much Caillou (he lives in Canada and does lots of cool things in the snow).  C wasn't really thrilled with the snow either.

We lasted about thirty minutes and then came in for hot chocolate.  Snow is beautiful, peaceful, wondrous.  I think it's great to watch from my kitchen window with a mug of hot chocolate in my hands.  But I'm really glad I live in Texas and that it will be in the 60's tomorrow.  Please remind me of this when I'm whining about the oppressive heat this summer.  (Offer good for one reminder per reader per summer.)

No comments: